WesternU offers Total Rehab Symposium
POMONA, Calif. - 09/09/2013 -- Western University of Health Sciences’ College of Optometry presents “Total Rehab,” a continuing education symposium designed for clinicians and individuals interested in learning about sports-related concussions, sports vision therapy, rehabilitation of special populations/autism, body awareness and rehabilitation, management of fall risks, and multidisciplinary low vision.
The symposium will take place from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, 2013 on the WesternU campus, 309 E. Second St., Pomona, Calif. 91766.
Proceeds from this event will benefit the Hays-Haine Family Scholarship. This scholarship assists students from underserved areas who may need financial help to achieve their dream of serving their communities as a doctor of optometry.
• Balance and Fall Risk Assessment and Interventions in Individuals Following a Concussion or mTBI, presented by Mary Hudson-McKinney, PT, DPT, NCS
• Multidisciplinary Low Vision: Working with Low Vision Therapists, presented by Kierstyn Napier-Dovorany, OD, FAAO
• Special Populations and Interprofessional Management, presented by Kristi Jensen, OD, FCOVD
• Sports Concussions and Interprofessional Management, presented by Valerie Wren, OD, FAAO
• Sequencing Neuro-Optometric Rehabilitation Therapy & Sports Vision Enhancement, presented by Kristy Remick-
Waltman, OD, FCOVD
• Grounding, Kinetics and Proprioceptive Awareness for the Traumatic Brain Injury Patient, presented by June Chiang, OD.
Registration deadline is Monday, Sept. 16, 2013. Seven CE credits are available. Registration fee is $210. Click here to register. Click here to view a flier.